Postpartum Support & Infant Care
The truth is, in our culture, we are under prepared, undereducated and often overwhelmed by the days, weeks and months that follow the birth of our babies. As a society, we put more emphasis on how to decorate our nurseries (that most of our babies don’t even sleep in for months!) than we do on developing early parenting philosophies, creating postpartum boundaries and developing peaceful postpartum environments to recover and thrive in.
You see, we are experts.
We are trained and certified to walk with you down this path. We know that you have huge expectations on this period of your life and we want you to succeed. We want you to rest and recover while also bonding with yourself as new mother, your loving partner who is in this with you, and that precious baby that you have waited a lifetime to meet.
We have a desire for you and it is that you feel supported and nurtured every step of the way. That you have a trusted doula who compassionately understands your need for information and encouragement, as well as a shower, a meal and a tissue for those tears. Someone who can be present and scarce at the same time. Someone who knows when to lean in and when to give space. Someone who listens, who learns and who helps you understand yourself.
That someone is who Omaha Birth & Babies is to the families we walk with. Take our hand. Let us walk with you. Let us enhance the experience that you will recall again and again when you tell the story of bringing your little one home.
The support of our Postpartum & Infant Care Doulas includes:
- All aspects of supporting the physical recovery from birth
- Knowledge of what is “normal” and of what warrants medical attention
- Amount of bleeding
- Breast engorgement
- Normal healing of the perineum or incision
- All aspects of supporting the emotional recovery from giving birth
- The ability to recognize the early signs of postpartum depression and mood disorders
- An understanding of the “normal” emotional changes post-birth
- Vetted resources for referrals if necessary
- All aspects of your baby’s adjustment to life on the outside of your body
- Infant feeding
- Alternative means of transferring milk
- Sleep for the newborn period and beyond
- Infant soothing techniques
- Knowledge of the safety guidelines as set forth by the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Infant bathing and hygiene
- Infant feeding
- Filling in gaps in daily household tasks
- Meal planning
- And so much more
Postpartum & Infant Care Doula Customized Packages
Omaha Birth & Babies Blogs you may love
We’d love to walk you through our process and show you how we can support you.