Postpartum Support & Infant Care
In a perfect world, postpartum recovery and infant care falls into the category titled “Blissful Family Experiences”. Wouldn’t that be amazing?!
The truth is, in our culture we are under prepared, under educated and often overwhelmed by the days, weeks and months that follow the birth of our babies. As a society, we put more emphasis on how to decorate our nurseries (that most of our babies don’t even sleep in for months!) than we do on developing early parenting philosophies, creating postpartum boundaries and developing peaceful postpartum environments to recover and thrive in. We want you to rest, recover, bond with your baby and adjust to your new family dynamic.
For this reason and many others, Omaha Birth and Babies was established. You have come to us because we are experts in our field. We know that you have placed huge expectations on this period of your life and our goal is to help you succeed. You can be confident in our education and experience to help you navigate this journey.
Our desire for you:
- That you feel supported and nurtured every step of the way
- That you have a trusted doula who compassionately understands your need for information and encouragement, as well as a shower, a meal and a listening ear
- Someone who knows when to lean in and when to give space
- Someone who helps you understand yourself and your new role as a mother.
That someone is Omaha Birth & Babies. Take our hand. Let us walk with you. Let us enhance the experience that you will recall again and again when you tell the story of bringing your little one home.
The support of our Postpartum & Infant Care Doulas includes:
- All aspects of supporting the physical recovery from birth
- Knowledge of what is “normal” and of what warrants medical attention
- Amount of bleeding
- Breast engorgement
- Normal healing of the perineum or incision
- All aspects of supporting the emotional recovery from giving birth
- The ability to recognize the early signs of postpartum depression and mood disorders
- An understanding of the “normal” emotional changes post birth
- Vetted resources for referrals if necessary
- All aspects of your baby’s adjustment to life on the outside of your body
- Infant feeding
- Alternative means of transferring milk
- Sleep for the newborn period and beyond
- Infant soothing techniques
- Knowledge of the safety guidelines as set forth by the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Infant bathing and hygiene
- Infant feeding
- Filling in gaps in daily household tasks
- Meal planning
- And so much more
Omaha families can have our support during the day or overnight. Our packages offer flexibility as we don’t anticipate our clients predicting what their future needs may be.
Daytime Postpartum Doula Pricing
Welcome Home... up to two weeks of support
Welcome home your growing family knowing your postpartum doula is there to assist you with your newborn questions and help the whole family transition into their new roles. Your doula is there to prepare a nutritious meal for you, catch the laundry up, assist with other light household tasks and make sure your breastfeeding journey is off to a great start.
*20 Hours of daytime support (4-hour minimum)
*To be used within two weeks of starting services
Happy Beginnings…up to six weeks of support
Happy Beginnings…up to six weeks of support. You can count on happy beginnings with consistent support the first month to six weeks of baby’s life. As your spouse returns to work and family visits become less frequent your postpartum doula is there to help you ease into the transition of being alone, how to navigate those first few outings beyond well visits, stock up on freezer meals, catch up on sleep and self-care and more.
*60 Hours of daytime shifts (4-hour minimum)
* To be used within six weeks of starting services
Tailored packages for your individual needs
From the birth to those first few weeks or months home, our postpartum doula care is here for your family’s specific needs.
Option 1 Up to 4 months of care. minimum of 250 hours
Option 2 Up to 6 months of care. minimum of 350 hours
Additional support available. $30 per hour/4-hour daytime minimum & 8 hour overnight minimum.
We’d love to walk you through our process and show you how we can support you.