Bringing Home Baby & Breastfeeding Your Newborn
Our Bringing Home Baby and Breastfeeding Your Newborn combined class, is the closest thing to that instruction manual every parent wishes their newborn came home with.
This class is taught by Therese of Omaha Birth & Babies. Therese is a Registered Nurse, past NICU RN, IBCLC and Certified Infant & Postpartum Doula.
The class covers the most vital and comprehensive information available for easing your transition to parenthood.
Together we will explore caring for your newborn through hands on demonstrations and dynamic material that is evidence based with the latest AAP recommendations. This class also comes with a free companion app that can be used on the go.
FAQ About The Class
Class topics will include:
- Newborn procedures, appearance and behaviors and the sacred hour
- Understanding newborn cries, crying curve and comforting. Dr. Karp’s Happiest Baby on the Block.
- Infant feeding, breastfeeding basics, hunger cues and burping
- diapering your newborn, diaper options, stool and urine patterns
- bathing in a way to that is comforting to your newborn and stress free to you, skin and nail care and dressing
- newborn health and safety including cord stump care, circumcision care, well-baby visits, taking temperature, signs of illness, choosing a provider,SIDS, Car Seat Safety
How your body makes milk
- Positioning & Latching
- Feeding Patters
- When to feed your baby
- How to know your baby is getting enough
- How to identify complications/getting treatment
- Caring for your breasts
- Breastfeeding Nutrition
- Returning to work
- and more!
Yes absolutely! Your class registration fee covers mom and one partner. If you desire to bring additional family members (grandparents, aunt, nanny etc) they will have a registration fee of $40. It is truly a great class for all the immediate care adults in this little ones life to take.
Feel free to bring snacks and a beverage.
This class is geared more towards first time parents. For a private refresher course please contact Omaha Birth & Babies HERE.
Yes! This is a complete and comprehensive class. You will learn in depth from a seasoned IBCLC as you instructor how to help become more knowledgeable about breastfeeding and how to achieve your breastfeeding goals.
30-35 weeks gestation.
Class is held at the Waterford building in Elkhorn, across the highway from Methodist Hospital. 18881 West Dodge Rd, Elkhorn, NE 68022
Newborn Care and Breastfeeding Upcoming Classes
This in person class setting is best taken between 28 – 36 weeks of your pregnancy.
Classes are held from 8:30am – 4:30pm with a one hour lunch break from 12:30pm-1:30pm.
- May 7th 2022
- July 16th 2022
- September 10th 2022
We’d love to walk you through our process and show you how we can support you.