Bringing Home Baby
Our Bringing Home Baby class is the closest thing to that instruction manual every parent wishes their newborn came home with.
This class is taught by Therese of Omaha Birth & Babies. Therese is a Registered Nurse, past NICU RN, IBCLC and Certified Infant & Postpartum Doula.
The class covers the most vital and comprehensive information available for easing your transition to parenthood.
Together we will explore caring for your newborn through hands on demonstrations and dynamic material that is evidence based with the latest AAP recommendations. This class also comes with a free companion app that can be used on the go.
Curriculum used is from InJoy Health Services. InJoy’s curriculum has been around for 30 years and is used in 80% of US hospitals with childbirth services.
FAQ About The Newborn Care Class
Class topics will include:
- Newborn procedures, appearance and behaviors and the sacred hour
- Understanding newborn cries, crying curve and comforting. Dr. Karp’s Happiest Baby on the Block.
- Infant feeding, breastfeeding basics, hunger cues and burping
- diapering your newborn, diaper options, stool and urine patterns
- bathing in a way to that is comforting to your newborn and stress free to you, skin and nail care and dressing
- newborn health and safety including cord stump care, circumcision care, well-baby visits, taking temperature, signs of illness, choosing a provider,SIDS, Car Seat Safety
… and more.
Yes absolutely! Your class registration fee covers mom and one partner. If you desire to bring additional family members (grandparents, aunt, nanny etc) they will have a registration fee of $40. It is truly a great class for all the immediate care adults in this little ones life to take.
Feel free to bring snacks and a beverage.
This class is geared more towards first time parents. For a private refresher course please contact Omaha Birth & Babies HERE.
We will cover the basics of breastfeeding. However, due to the intricacies of breastfeeding we encouraged attending our breastfeeding class.
30-35 weeks gestation.
Newborn Care Upcoming Classes
This one day group class setting will be best for estimated due dates of August, September and October.
Classes are held on Saturdays from 12-5p. This class can be taken in-person or virtually.
- July 18th
This one day group class setting will be best for estimated due dates of November and December.
Classes are held on Saturdays from 12-5p. This class is tentatively scheduled to be held in-person.
- September 12
We’d love to walk you through our process and show you how we can support you.