Bringing Home Baby & Breastfeeding Your Newborn
Our combined Bringing Home Baby and Breastfeeding Your Newborn class is like the user manual that every parent hopes for when their newborn arrives.
Your instructor is Jen, an RN, BSN, IBCLC with 18 years of in-hospital Women & Infant health experience.
This class offers the most crucial and comprehensive information to make your transition into parenthood as smooth as possible.
Together, we will explore newborn care with hands-on demonstrations and evidence-based material that aligns with the latest recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP).
FAQ About The Class
Class topics will include:
- Newborn procedures, appearance and behaviors and the sacred hour
- Understanding newborn cries, crying curve and comforting. Dr. Karp’s Happiest Baby on the Block.
- Infant feeding, breastfeeding basics, hunger cues and burping
- diapering your newborn, diaper options, stool and urine patterns
- Bathing in a way to that is comforting to your newborn and stress free to you, skin and nail care and dressing
- Newborn health and safety including cord stump care, circumcision care, well-baby visits, taking temperature, signs of illness, choosing a provider,SIDS, Car Seat Safety
- How your body makes milk
- Positioning & Latching
- Feeding Patterns
- When to feed your baby
- How to know your baby is getting enough
- How to identify complications/getting treatment
- Caring for your breasts
- Breastfeeding Nutrition
- Returning to work
- and more!
Yes absolutely! Your class registration fee covers mom and one partner. If you desire to bring additional family members (grandparents, aunt, nanny etc) they will have a registration fee of $40. It is truly a great class for all the immediate care adults in this little ones life to take.
Feel free to bring snacks and a beverage.
This class is geared more towards first time parents. For a private refresher course please contact Omaha Birth & Babies HERE.
Yes! This is a complete and comprehensive class. You will learn in depth from a seasoned IBCLC as you instructor how to help become more knowledgeable about breastfeeding and how to achieve your breastfeeding goals.
30-35 weeks gestation.
Class is held at Mid-City OBGYN Midwives – 515 N 162nd Ave Suite 102, Omaha, NE 68118
Newborn Care and Breastfeeding Upcoming Classes
This in person class setting is best taken between 28 – 36 weeks of your pregnancy.
Classes are held from 9am – 3pm with a one hour lunch break.
- February 10, 2024 – Class is Full
- April 20, 2024
We’d love to walk you through our process and show you how we can support you.