What is Placenta Encapsulation
“Placental encapsulation is the practice of ingesting the placenta after it has been steamed, dehydrated, ground, and placed into pills. Traditionally, this is taken by the mother and is believed to impart numerous health benefits.” Click here for article
-The American Pregnancy Association
Mothers who consume their encapsulated placenta have reported:
- reduced incidence and severity of Postpartum Depression (PPD)
- less mood swings and anxiety
- increased and fattier milk supply
- reduced fatigue
- higher energy
- more rapid recovery
- reduced bleeding time
- higher iron/hemoglobin levels
- less postpartum hair loss
Why Choose Omaha Birth & Babies to encapsulate?
Omaha Birth & Babies’ Placenta Encapsulation Specialists(PES) are trained by an internationally known organization, Placenta Benefits Info, LLC (PBI) which trains, supports, and supplies their specialists in a way that promotes uniformity, consistency, professionalism and above all, safety.
PBI specialists are trained in the Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) method of preparation which steams the placenta to a minimum internal temperature of 160F degrees, the temperature necessary to kill bacteria, before dehydrating.
Ingredients known to be present in the placenta and their healing properties:
- Gonadotropin: the precursor to estrogen, progesterone and testosterone.
- Prolactin: promotes lactation.
- Oxytocin: for pain and bonding; produced during breastfeeding to facilitate bonding of mother and infant. In pharmaceutical form this is a very addictive drug because it promotes a feeling of connectiveness with others.
- Thyroid stimulating hormone: boosts energy and helps recovery from stressful events.
- Cortisone: combats stress and unlocks energy stores.
- Interferon: stimulates the immune system to protect against infections.
- Prostaglandins: anti-inflammatory.
- Hemoglobin: replenishes iron deficiency and anemia, a common postpartum condition.
- Urokinase inhibiting factor and factor XIII: stops bleeding and enhances wound healing.
- Gammaglobulin: immune booster that helps protect against postpartum infections.
Are you ready to take the next steps?
- Fill out form and Submit below
- You will be automatically taken to fill out your order form.
- Sign Omaha Birth & Babies’ Placenta Encapsulation Service Agreement
- Pay the $50.00 deposit to hold your space on the Specialist Calendar
- You will then receive an email with all directions and helpful tips for your placenta pick up.
Not quite ready yet to order?
That’s perfectly okay!
We would love to answer any questions you may have about the encapsulation process, benefits, capsule sizing, or anything else you would like to know about Omaha Birth & Babies Placenta Encapsulation Services.